Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

acetyl-L-carnitine

I am suffering from fatigue and have ruled out the usual causes, anemia, depression and low testosterone. My Dr. just prescribed acetyl-L-carnitine saying it might help. Could you comment on this a bit? What is your experience? I have not seen it commented on in any of the other postings.

Thanks, from Vancouver

Carnitine is being tried for a variety of HIV complications, including mitochondrial toxicity and its complications; however, I am unaware of any scientific studies indicating that it is helpful for fatigue. Have you tried a balanced exercise program? Increasing your sleep to 8-9 hours every night? Adjusting your diet? If anemia, depression, low testosterone, and other hormonal deficiencies (thyroid, adrenal gland) have been ruled out, then these lifestyle changes can often be quite helpful, especially the exercise program.

Good luck,

RJF

Fatigue gone
can't seem to tolerate vitamins