Different etiology for HIV-related fatigue

I have been infected with the HIV virus 15 years ago. Four week after the infection through a needle exchange I start to suffer from fatigue and some cognitive symptoms that never went away regardless my general situation that is quite good (CD4 around 500, Viral Load usually undetectable without antiretroviral therapy). Being the fatigue an a specific symptom, at the beginning I did not have much help from my doctors but i did not give up. In the medical literature (using MedLine for instance) there are different hint on fatigue derived from different cause that are not mentioned in this forum. In my specific case for example I have found at least tree possible cause, and I will soon try the related therapy:

-"central fatigue" concerned with the function of specific neurotransmitters, in my case i have very low plasma triptophan, high plasma and urinary serotonin and a probably connected ipoperfusion of some areas of my brain as shown in the SPECT SCAN.

-Low Growth Hormone both basal and under stimulus, again in the Literature is possible to find a lot of articles just looking this two words on the MedLine: fatigue, Growth Hormone.

-Cytokines: TNF-alpha, Th1/Th2, IFN-alpha: the disregulation of the mentioned cytokines provoke flu-like symptoms like fatigue.

Of course a lot of the studies mentioned in the articles you will find are very experimental but if the people who are reading this letter experience the same fatigue that I do, they are really willing to try. Just one suggestion trust the science not the crap.

Daniele, Milano, Italy

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

I thought I'd share your information with the readers.

Sustiva: no peaceful/relaxing REM sleep
Persistent and Worsening Anemia Despite Undetectable Viral Load