I am a very healthy person

I am a very healthy person, never missed a day of work in ten years on the job, I would not have even known that I was Positive if I hadn't gone to the ER three weeks ago complaining about pain in my chest. They did not find anything wrong there, but my blood work was abnormal and they told me to see my primary care physician, whom I'd never seen. My WBC,RBC, and Platelets were critical, and my hemoglobin was low.

I guess I really wanted to know if there is anything I can do between now and the 30th that can help with the bone marrow suppression.

Thank You

Tracy

Chest pain can be a symptom of significant anemia. That your white blood cells and platelets were also low would indicate that in addition to your anemia, you have neutropenia (low white cell count) and thrombocytopenia (low platelets), which is indicative of bone marrow suppression. There are a variety of causes for bone marrow suppression including drug toxicities and certain infections. The next step is a thorough medical history, physical examination, and additional laboratory tests to determine the cause of the bone marrow suppression. Once the cause has been identified, the treatment options will become clear. You will also need to further evaluate your HIV disease with CD4 cell counts and viral load measurements. If no other cause for the bone marrow suppression is found, then therapy for your HIV infection may well improve your blood counts.

Best of luck.

RJF

Unexplained anemia
Sustiva: no peaceful/relaxing REM sleep