yohimbine

Hello Doctor Bob,

Two quick questions for you. 1) Is yohimbine the same thing as erythropoietin (procrit) except in oral formulation? 2)can my rapid heart beat be related to my anemia? thanks in advance for your prompt reply!

Response from Dr. Reznik

Hi!

Two quick questions deserve two quick answers. The answers are "no" and "yes"! Okay, I’ll elaborate a bit. Yohimbine is not related to erythropoietin. Yohimbine is a natural stimulant. We don't know much about it's short or long term side effects or how well it combines with other HIV drugs. It is a complementary therapy and does not treat the underlying cause of the problem. There is no oral formulation of PROCRIT. One piece of good news is that PROCRIT can be used effectively just once per week in most cases. As for your second question -- absolutely yes. When hemoglobin levels fall into the range of 8.0 to 10.0g/dL symptoms often include fatigue, shortness of breath, increased heart rate and exercise intolerance.

You are very welcome!

DR.BOB

too, too tired
Amino Acids