anemia treatment and improved survival !!!

Dr. Frascino,

My physician wanted to know the medical reference article that showed improved survival when anemia was treated. I don't think he believed me when I told him. Do you know the reference off hand? Thanks again for all you do. I heard your HIV fundraising concert in the BAY area was absolutely incredible!!! When are you coming back to NYC? Would you ever consider doing a fund raiser here for GMHC???

Two of the best references are listed below. If your physician has any further questions, please have him/her contact me.

1)SULLIVAN PS, et al. BLOOD. 1998;91:301-308.

2)MOORE RD. J AIDS HUM RETROVIROL. 1998;19:29-33.

Thank you. The AIDS benefit event CONCERTED EFFORT-2000 was great fun. It raised over $125,000 for AIDS service organizations. Sorry we have no immediate plans to bring the show to NYC. However it's certainly a possibility for the future. You can always have GMHC contact us.

Stay Well,

RJF

tired legs and other symptoms
low red, low white fine platelets