Fatigue-Dementia Follow-up on June 20 Question

Thanks for answering my question and yes you did answer about everything I asked. And THANK YOU! however a couple of follow ups. I have gone to see a shrink and she said that her initial diagnoses was depression and PTSD. I'm not doubting but your answer sounded better. but a giving her the chance. Now with her documenting things is that good enough to have on file if the doctor does not? Or should I still seek a HIV counselor? and last but not least I have a 6 hour appointment coming up with a Neuropsychologist. This will tell if I have the "whatever" you called it? I am actually kind of scared of it but as I say 'I will try anything once' Thanks again and will leave the floor for others.

You're welcome! Sounds like you are on the right track. You mentioned you saw a "shrink". Was she a psychiatrist? That's the M.D. type of shrink. Your condition should be documented by physicians, if possible. Don't be afraid of the 6-hour appointment with the neuropsychologist. It's really just 6 hours of games and tests to check your memory and abilities. It's not stressful but it can be tiring. If you get tired just say so and take a break. If you can't answer a question or remember the rules to the game just say so. Remember this guy is checking to see how well you can function. Don't be afraid to tell the truth when you can't do something or remember something etc. There really is no right or wrong in these tests. They just want to see how your mind works or doesn't work.

I still think you should have an HIV specialist completely review your chart and document your complete history, laboratory results, medications, side effects, and current symptoms. Especially if Social Security is reviewing your case and your current physician is unable or unwilling to completely document your case. The specialist may also make recommendations for addition work-up of your complaints.

Congratulations on taking control of your situation. Action does equal life!

RJF

How can I get PROCRIT?
fatigue