How can I get PROCRIT?

DR. BOB,

GREAT PRESENTATION IN PHOENIX. YOU CERTAINLY LIVED UP TO YOUR REPUTATION!!! WE LOVED THE SLIDES, YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR AND MOST OF ALL YOUR HONESTY. IF YOU COME BACK WE PROMISE THE AUDIOVISUALS WILL BE IN BETTER WORKING ORDER.

AS YOU KNOW PROCRIT IS NOT COVERED ON ADAP HERE IN AZ. I'M ANEMIC AND MY DOC ISN'T VERY COOPERATIVE. HE SAYS I'M NOT THAT ANEMIC SO I SHOULDN'T WORRY. I REALLY WANT TO TRY PROCRIT, ESPECIALLY AFTER HEARING YOUR TALK. I HAD NO IDEA ANEMIA WAS LINKED TO DECREASED QUALITY OF LIFE AND POORER SURVIVAL. ISN'T SURVIVAL AND QUALITY OF LIFE WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT? SO WHY IS MY DOCTOR BEING SUCH A LUNKHEAD? MY HEMOGLOBIN IS 10.3. ANY IDEAS HOW I CAN SCORE SOME PROCRIT ASIDE FROM MOVING OUT OF STATE? MAYBE I'LL MOVE TO CA. ARE YOU TAKING NEW PATIENTS? THANKS AGAIN FOR A WONDERFUL PRESENTATION. P.

Dear P,

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation. I was impressed with the turn out and the questions everyone asked. I'd be delighted to come back any time. Yes, I agree with you. Survival and quality of life are what it's all about. Your hemoglobin level is sufficiently low to warrant treatment especially if you are having symptoms such as exercise intolerance or fatigue. As for why is your doctor being a lunkhead -- I mean not cooperating -- I really don't know. Perhaps cost is a factor or he/she is not familiar with the information I presented to all of you last week. Try to educate your physician or have him/her contact me if you think that would be helpful.

Another possibility for you is to enroll in the phase IV PROCRIT clinical trial I discussed at the lecture. PROCRIT is provided free of charge to those who qualify. Keep us posted and let us know if we can be of further service. If you need help locating a site that is enrolling patients in the PROCRIT study check with Kevin at Phoenix Body Positive. I know there are at least two sites in the Phoenix area.

Warmest personal regards to you and the friendly folks in Phoenix!!!

Growth Hormone
Fatigue-Dementia Follow-up on June 20 Question