Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Low Testosterone Level
Jul 17, 2000

Dear Doctor, I am male, 25 yo. I do not have Hypogonadism, but yet I have a low blood testosterone level. I have never taken any anabolic supplements. I am not HIV positive. I have a very androgenic body form, with hair on my chest, back and legs and good build muscle formation on chest, back, arms, buttocks and legs. I have a normal sex drive. I do not have any sexual problems. Except that I can have sex for a very long time without having an orgasm. (but I guess this must be psychological (correct me if I am wrong, though)) YET I still have a low level. +/- 300 ng/100 ml, and a very low SHBG ... What can be the cause of such low measures? I have done this measures several times, in different medical laboratories ; they still have the same result : low testosterone levels. SHBG and FREE TESTO is also low. LH and FSH after GnrH are rising normal. DHEA is normal. Growth Hormone is normal. Cholesterol & Triglyceride levels are normal. Thyroid tests are normal. Liver tests are normal. Lymphocytes are normal. Red blood cell count is normal. I use complementary vitamin and mineral supplements. (Ultra preventive D from DOUGLAS LABORATORIES) Sincerely,

Tim

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Tim,

You are indeed "hypogonadal" and should have an evaluation by an endocrinologist to further sort out this low testosterone problem.

Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

Next
Could lower HGB be reason for fatigue and sob?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.