Thank you!

Dr. Bob,

I do not have a question, but just wanted to send a quick not thanking your for the extremely valuable service you provide. You have a very relaxed, and easy demeanor in your answers that not only answers each question with sound medical knowledge, but injects just enough of a positive attitude to take the edge off of our anxiety. Not that the other "experts" are not exceptional people, but you seem to have an extra gift. Your "bedside manner" is terrific as this is SO important to us as we deal with so many sterile medical professionals in sterile environments. Your empathy really shines through the rather distant and removed medium of the internet. I Just want to encourage you that you are helping more than you know, and that your help is so greatly appreciated. You have said it before in other answers that "we are all in this together", yes we are, and you are certainly doing your part, and more. Bless you!

Hello! Thank-you for your very kind words! I've consistently found that whatever I can give is always returned to me a hundred fold. Like the old saying -"it is in giving that we receive". Your note is a perfect example. I'm so used to being able to look people in the eye, hold their hand, or give them a hug, that trying to communicate in cyberspace is indeed a challenge. Especially for Italians like me who, as you may know, like to use our hands to talk and communicate! Aside from that, I'm also not much of a typist. It can take me 10 mins just to find the "x" key. If it weren't for "delete", backspace", and "spell-check", I doubt anyone would understand anything I tried to type! Thank you again for writing. Consider yourself cyber-hugged! Yes, we are all in this together and together we'll see it through. Please stay well and I'll promise to do the same. Dr. Bob

Full Blood count and sticky blood
I am sooooo tired!