Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I'm very scared!!!!!
May 9, 2001

I know you're a very busy man, but i am in need of your opinion desperately. This is my second time writing to you---so please help me!!! I have had a sore throat for weeks now and it hasn't gone away. My body is constantly warm(especially my hands) but i don't think i have a fever. I went to my doctor and he said everything is fine. He did a CBC blood test and everything was normal. I asked him for an HIV test, i'll get the results in 3 weeks. I have been having a little sweating around my neck area at night. Could this be night sweats??? I am very scared! All I can think of is hiv, i am really not doing well. What do you think? I have had a past of unprotected sex, but have gotten tested 3 times, and they are all negative over the past few years. Please answer this question and help me!!! Thank you so very much.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

First, I need to remind all readers of this forum that it is dedicated to questions related to fatigue and anemia. Questions about possible infection should be directed to our forum on Safe Sex and HIV Prevention.

I'll briefly respond to this your question, because you must be getting at least a bit fatigued from writing to me.

Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV infection. You have had 3 HIV tests in the past, all negative. If you have not had any risky behavior or possible exposures since then, your chances of HIV now are non-existent. If you are continuing to put yourself at risk, you need counseling to help you modify that behavior. Your pending HIV test will most likely again be negative. Your real problem now is anxiety. Talk to your doctor about your fears. Counseling and/or anti-anxiety medication might be very helpful for you.

Good luck.

RJF

Previous
you helped me before -- can you help me again???
Next
concerned for wife, please help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.