Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fear to death about HIV infection
Sep 8, 2011

Dear DR. Bob,

I truly love your smile on your phone, which comforts me in certain way!

My greatest thanks to you in advance for your answer to my quesiton as below.

My brother, who is in China, in April this year went to a beauty shop to repair the hard skins on his feet because such hard skins are thick and hard, he felt not comfortable to walk. He has been a very clean person in sexual life and even very rare sexual activities because his wife and his son are living in another city. The guy in the beauty shop used 3 small knives to cut off the hard skins and my brother saw that the guy actually did antisepsis for these three knives before he started his work. But he did not saw whether the final knife which was used to smoothing the skin for the final step was done with antisepsis. My brother later found that his leg food skin was broken and blooded. This broken skin was on the left foot, about 15-20 minutes after the guy did work firstly on his right foot.

But for the following months, he felt extremely fatigue, rash on his belly place which disappeared after one week, sore throat, the most fearful thing is the swollen lymph note on the leg groin; he was so frightened. on 8th week, he took HIV test, negative; on 100 days, he took another time test, negative. in the meanwhile, he checked the best local hospitals and the doctors could not find out the reason for the swollen of his lymph note. Because he still have the swollen lymph note and feel extremely fatigue, He is almost collapse and so fearful that he could hardly live in normal work life and think he is going to die soon. And he is going to take the HIV test on due 6 months time. He even already arranged the issues after he die.

I am in UK, I just cried together with him by phone and I don¡t think I am able to loose my dearest brother.

But I still doubt: 1) whether such way can be possible for HIV infection and 2) does that mean if the tests on 6th months is negative, we can make final decision that he is free from such disease 3) how much assurance for 100 days¡ test result: negative and how much possible for it to be false negative 4) how should he prepare for the tests again on due 6th month time.

Thank you so much for saving us!

Merry

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You truly love my smile on my phone???? What??? How did you get ahold of my phone?

Oh well, nevermind; but I must advise you that this forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to me at the "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Im HIV + and would like to know the risk of transmission to my HIV- husband?
Next
White little spots on my skin

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.