Following up 2 : Unprotected Intercourse with a POZ women..Strong Symptomes but neg at 12 weeks

Hi Dr bob,

I have read some days ago, what I see as the most amazing response from you, ironically it was not about HIV, yes, when you have answered a girl about fasting in Ramadan.

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Fatigue/Q216620.html

I was really, really, really amazed, to the point that I printed your post, and have shown it to some Islam preacher, you know what, they where more amazed than I was, there is 6236 verses in Coran, and the one you state in your response, in the case of that lady, was EXACTLY the most appropriate one, even an I slam specialist could not do better, How can an HIV specialist, leaving in US, could have knowledge even in a far remote field as religions, and specially Islam. Dr BOB, my respect to your person and your knowledge. God protect you.

Regarding my case, Honestly, more and more, I think (with strong evidence) that I and and my wife are rare late seroconverter, or having divergent strain of HIV, missed by tests.

Docs here in Montreal are puzzled as we both now have PGL (very diffuse, even in face, and had palm and feet), my wife has PGL but less diffuse than me, along with neurological problems, canker sore, and thrush for both of us. My ALT is mildly elevated 70 ( rang max 40). Have done a scan, liver structure is normal, the liver specialist stated that is due to a viral infection. The only virus I was exposed to, for sure is HIV, So I think it is a divergent strain, as it is infecting the liver I guess it is in the blood, and it is not possible to have delayed response in two people, me and my wife, unless, it is a strain that show later.

By your suggestion, I tried to have an appointment in Mc Gill HIV center, my Internal medicine Doc, and my Infectio gave me a reference to this clinic, but as you Know, the universal health system, make appointment very far, in 4 months. Any way. I had a 11 months Elisa duo (ag/ab) test at 11 months for me and 7 months for my wife, still negative. Meanwhile, the infectio run some blood count, but, guess what, he can not explain the abnormalities, so have to wait 4 month to see an HIV specialist; could you please help me with those finding:

Lymph : 0.38 (0.22-0.510) Lymph % : 1.9 CD3 : 0.71 (0.6-0.85) CD3 abs : 1.35 (0.95-2.9) CD4 : 0.69 (0.40-2,00) - was 920 at 3 months, to 800 at 6 months CD4% : 0.37 (0.29-0.59) - was 0.41 at 3 months CD8 : 0.31 (0.19-0.49) - was 0.34 at 3 months CD8% : 0.580 (0.2-1.5) was 760 at 3 months CD8+38 : 0.04 (0-0.3) CD8 + 38 Fluo REL : 4 (5-15) flagged as LOW

Activation marker (CD8 + 38 ) are here low rather than elevated, my ID has no clue about. Could I have a strain of HIV which makes this number lower than normal?

I will retune with feed back, if I will test Positive later. Thanks Doc BOB, for your time

Hello.

Welcome back to the forum. Thanks for your very kind comments regarding the Ramadan fast question.

Sorry to hear you and your wife are still having difficulties and that your physicians have been unable to diagnose the cause of your ailments! I agree your next step should be a visit to a tertiary referral center, like McGill, for a more extensive diagnostic evaluation.

Your recent T-cell subset test reveals normal helper (CD4) and suppressor (CD8) cells with a normal CD4/CD8 ratio. The slightly low CD8 + 38 Fluo REL result is completely inconsequential. It holds no prognostic or diagnostic significance for HIV disease.

My assessment remains unchanged. HIV is not the cause of your symptoms.

Write back with the results following the your evaluation at the medical center.

Good luck!

Unprotected Intercourse with a POZ women..Strong Symptomes but neg at 12 weeks ! Jan 21, 2011

Following up : Unprotected Intercourse with a POZ women..Strong Symptomes but neg at 12 weeks ! May 7, 2011

Following up : Unprotected Intercourse with a POZ women..Strong Symptomes but neg at 12 weeks (it is gating more complicated)Jul 5, 2011

Dr. prescribed drug holiday
Im HIV + and would like to know the risk of transmission to my HIV- husband?