Repeat Test

I was diagnosed in February 2010. CD count 440 viral load 45000 I must do a repeat teast but im scared. Ive been sexually inactive since then.

Hi.

Scared? Scared of what? You are HIV positive and have known about your diagnosis since February 2010. Certainly a period of adjustment to your new reality as a virally enhanced person is to be expected. The best way not to be frightened by your HIV disease is to learn as much as you can about HIV and your treatment options. Take control of your situation and work closely with your HIV specialist to be and stay healthy. Control your HIV; don't let HIV control you!

This Web site is an excellent place for you to learn more about HIV. Begin with the information on The Body's homepage under the chapters entitled "The Basics."

I encourage you to get your follow-up repeat laboratory tests and to consider beginning antiretroviral therapy, particularly if your CD4 count is again less than 500. Antiretroviral therapy can help to preserve immune function and prevent damaging immune activation/inflammation. Check out the information in the "Resource Center on Starting Treatment," which can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage.

Working closely with an HIV physician specialist and being involved in your treatment decisions are important factors in staying well. I've been HIV infected since January 1991. I plan to be here for the cure. Why not join me?

I'm here if you need me, okay? I do understand how scary HIV can be, but it doesn't have to be!

Had gay protected anal sex and unprotected oral.
How safe is Truvada for long term?