Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV RISK from receiving oral sex
Aug 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I just recently broke up. Hurt by the situation I needed some type of comfort. 4 days ago towards midnight. I met up with a guy and he preformed oral sex on me for about 2 hours. There was A LOT of saliva and he deep throat a few times. I didn't ejaculate in his mouth, towards the end I jacked off to ***. The guy and I did kiss a little bit but it was mostly closed mouth kissing and a few times our tongues touched. BEFORE AND AFTER this happened, I questioned the guy about his hiv status, the last time he was tested and how often he gets tested. He told me he was negative and that I had nothing to worry about. The next day, shocked at what I had done the night before(I don't normally hook up with random guys) I approached the guy again, explaining to him how worried I was about receiving oral from him and that I was worried about him being positive. He replied with "And again I assure you that you have Nothing to worry about". So it's 4 days later and I haven't noticed anything different on my penis except from when I was jacking off really fast I sort of irritated the skin and it's a little red(so i'm worried that the virus couldve gotten into those little irritated areas, if he had anything) I do have really bad sneezes and I'm blowing my nose(clear snot) a lot. I have a lot of nasal drainage and I don't know if I'm just anxious or nervous but haven't felt all that great since that night. I'm worried if I caught something from this guy. I know it's too early to get tested so I'm trying to NOT WORRY and wait to at least 2 weeks to go get tested. I know I will need to go agin at 3 months but I have to get tested or I may go Crazy!!!! Please help you guys...any feedback??

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
question from Canada (COFFEE AND HIV, 2011)
Next
Ayurvedic medicines with HIV antibody interaction before testing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.