Do i have anemia and why am I not treated?

I'm HIV positive and under medication for 9 years.I do my regularly blood tests every 6 months, my CD4 are always around 500 or a little bit more and my viral load undetectable for a few years now.Besides what i mentioned above i also have low count of red blood cells (3,28 when normal limits are 3,8-5,1) increased red blood cells volume (116,5 when normal limits are 81-100)and increased red blood cells average hemoglobin (38,4 when normal is 27-34).Am I anemic? My doctor didn't mention anything about it but she also didn\t mention anything about my triglycerides that were 390 and i got them down to 212 with omega 3 and diet. Should I be concerned about these results? I'm 23 and i take Combivir (AZT i guess)and Telzir and Norvir (i used to take combivir with viracept but one time i had a very bad cold and my cd4 were like 200 and the doctor decided to change my medication to norvir and telzir)

Hello.

The changes in your red blood cell count and red cell parameters are consistent with AZT use. AZT is one of the components of Combivir (AZT + 3TC). You are not significantly anemic and treatment is not necessary for the laboratory abnormalities noted in your question. I am, however, glad you got your triglycerides down with omega-3 and diet!

You can read much more about the causes and treatment of HIV-related anemia in the archives of the Fatigue and Anemia forum.

Be well.

Seroconversion
Taken my arv's 1 1/2 hours late