The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jul 11, 2011

Hi, I am really worried about HIV. I got some pimples under my lips in the months of jan,2011,i didn't care and keep continue my shaving after a two months it had been increase a lot in my beard area. Then I consult to a dermatologist he told me that is Molluscum and recommend me to HIV test and Hep. Test. I was shocked. Because i had sex only once in my life in the Feb, 2011 with full protection. By the i went for HIV I, II test (ELISA)in the month of march,2011, I got negative. Then again i went for HIV Western blot test in the month in April,2011 I got negative. The other side my treatment for molluscum has been continuing from month of April. Again in the month of May i go for HIV Elisa test and I got negative. My last HIV Elisa test Negative was June 25, 2011. The reason for worrying:- I read in lot of article that if you have molluscum in beard area and eyelids that's means you are HIV infected. I have molluscum in my beard area as well as in my eyelids. I am under depression about HIV. Kindly suggest me.

Regards Maddy

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Dr. Bob. I have an Easy question about the late Eazy - E
Blip and cd4 decline

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint