|Dr. Bob. I have an Easy question about the late Eazy - E
Jul 11, 2011
Hello Dr. Bob
I would like to know, If Eazy - E did have HIV. How did it go to AIDS so fast?
1. How long does someone have HIV before it will turn to AIDS without any avr's treatment?
2. If he dies of AIDS in 1995 could we assume he got HIV in 1988 when N.W.A was at it's peak in the rap industry?
3. I mean could someone get HIV and die of AIDS in a few 3 to 4 years?
Thank you Dr. Bob you are the best! I respect your opinion over anyone else.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I wasn't personally involved with Eazy-E's care; consequently, I'm unable to comment about his specific situation.
The course of HIV/AIDS is variable from person to person and dependent on many factors, including viral strain, host immune integrity, concurrent infections, etc. The natural history of HIV/AIDS infection in an average person without antiretroviral therapy from the time of HIV transmission to death is 10 years. It is possible someone could contract HIV and die within three to four years without treatment, if he contracted a virulent strain of the virus or had certain concurrent illnesses or a compromised immune system from some other ailment.
CD4 T cell count ???? 200 and below ,No symptoms???
- What Happens If I Forget To Take HIV Medication?
- When One Should Be Concerned About Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- CBC Results And HIV Status
- Can Drinking Plenty Of Water A Day Help Peripheral Neuropathy Symptoms?
- How Long Antibodies Will Stay In Blood Of Hiv Positive?
- Hiv Symptoms In Women Early
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.