|CD4 T cell count ???? 200 and below ,No symptoms???
Jul 11, 2011
Hi Dr Bob, If an individual had a CD4 T cell count below 200 would they realise?? Would their be symptoms?? Can you be symptom free with that low a CD4 T cell count? Many Thanks, DREW (Sydney ,AUS)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, it is possible to have a CD4 count below 200 and be completely asymptomatic. Low CD4 counts in and of themselves don't cause symptoms. Rather, the low counts just make the HIVer more susceptible to opportunistic processes, such as infections and malignancies. It's those opportunistic diseases that produce symptoms.
I really Believe I have HIV
Dr. Bob. I have an Easy question about the late Eazy - E
- Symptoms Of CD4 Count Below 200
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- What Is The Deadliest Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.