Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hello Dr, Our planet need more Dr Bobs..
Jun 13, 2011

I cannot start this with our saying that you are a BOMDIGIDI and a true inspiration to many on this planet.

Please bear with my English, I admit that I am not a good writer. (I posted few questions before and never got a response, may be I have asked stupid questions which later I found the answers from your archive). I am a constant follower of your forum at thebody.com, I really appreciate all the work you have been doing via your foundation.

Let me come to the topic, being US one of the advanced countries and still needed a lot of HIV awareness, in which you are contributing a lot(for the awareness) for the well being, but think about the other countries like India (I know there are other countries much worse) I pointed India since the culture there still thiks having HIV is a SIN and I know people dies from AIDS and how their families are being treated, the real scary part that they are almost excluded from the normal society. I couldnt even imagine what they are going thru. I urge you to provide your services to India. I do not know if you are already doing it. Would you be able to expand your services to India which I think are needed very desperately especially the awareness to see HIV as any other infections, and the society should see the hivrs equally as others.

I myself is a worried well , then only I realized how much your services are required in my country. I did contribute to your foundation and I plan to keep contributing as long as my financials permit.

I know this might not be appropriate to this forum but I do not know where to post this. I hope you will read this and respond.

Also I am planning to dedicate part of my career for the research and awareness, I am really interested to put my part in the research for the cure but I am not a medical student, I need your advise to how do I start with?.

--Indian guy.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Indian Guy.

BOMDIGIDI?? Hmm. I like that!

HIV/AIDS stigma continues to be a major problem worldwide. Personally, and through my foundation, I try to raise HIV/AIDS awareness through education and advocacy. That's why I volunteer my time here at The Body. I should point out my advice is available free to one and all throughout the cyber-universe, including those who reside in India. In fact I receive and respond to many questions originating from India. My foundation sponsors HIV/AIDS programs that provide crucial services (like providing antiretrovirals) to those living with HIV/AIDS worldwide and also that promote HIV/AIDS awareness, education and advocacy as mentioned above.

Thanks for your very kind comments and your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated. I'm also very pleased to hear you may be joining the battle against the pandemic by working in the field of AIDS research and awareness. BRAVO! and welcome aboard. If we all did our part, we could stop HIV/AIDS cold in its tracks today. Unfortunately more folks seem fascinated with Congressional sex scandals than the 7,000 new HIV infections that occur daily around the globe.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
help
Next
Oral sex 2 weeks ago and have gastroenteritis now

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.