is vomitting blood common in end of life for AIDS patient

I was present at my husbands bed site before he passed from this disease the horrific pain lasted for six weeks from pnemonia, terrible pain on the penis which was undiagnosed to kidney failure,and anemia etc He coughed up so many pints of blood like never seen before in horror movie I wondered where this blood came from why so sudden and why so much invisible pain on the penis till he passed.

Hello.

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's passing and the terrible challenges he faced in his final days. Transitioning from this life to whatever comes next should not be so uncomfortable, particularly if he was under the care of an HIV specialist and/or hospice?

Regarding a medical explanation of the events surrounding your husband's death, unfortunately it's difficult for me to comment over the Internet with such limited information. I would suggest you pose these questions to his HIV specialist and/or attending physician. Coughing up blood for instance could be related to a low platelet count, his pneumonia or bleeding somewhere in the throat, esophagus or stomach.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

Hiv and syphillis
Defaulting ARV Medicines