Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DEAR DOC,PL HELP, I M BACK,DONATED AND WILL CONTINUE TO DONATE
May 20, 2011

Dear Doctor,

My worries have returned more than ever,for recollection i had exposure on 3rd and 15th October 2010 it was unprotected vaginal as well as unprotected oral sex,no anal sex was invlolved with sex workers. Then after say 2 weeks i had all the symptoms like weight loss,rash of face which subsided in 4 days time,loose motions,terrible neck pain and dizziness no other symptoms like there was discomfort in groin area and behind the ears but no swellings what so ever.I never had fever though some times i left feverish but when i took pill it subsided completely.Since my last exposure on 15th October i took following tests:

1. 3rd week-ELISA test

2 5th week-ECLIA test

3 7th week-ECLIA test

4 9th week-ECLIA test

5 11th week-ECLIA test

6 83 days-ECLIA test

7 90 days-TRIDOT test

8 97 days-ECLIA test

9 108 days-DUO (Anitgen+Antibody)test

10 136 days-EIA rapid test

11 167 days-ECLIA test

12 193 days-ECLIA test

All have come negative/non reactive so far.The only concern with the result value is 0.33 vs 0.07 against result taken at 167 days.How these nos increased in almost 1 month i dont understand against cut off 1.0 meant for ECLIA,as per the pathelogist and you also said that its typical of a test and the value does vary.

Doctor today is 32nd week my last exposure and for the last week suddenly i feel exhausted,my legs experience shooting pain,my neck pain has also come back.The most disturbing fact is i had been intimated with my wife after i took test at 136 days mark as i was happy and assured that i can forget the incident and move on with my life,but after that she also experienced weight loss of around 5-6 Kgs with persistant urine infection.We saw a lady doctor and afer doing culture report she said that its a urine infection and diagnosed E-COLI she said thats its not worrysome.She had prescribed us both Flagyl and DIGINE for three months while my wife has been prescribed injections for 10 days.

Doctor this development in my wife and my symptoms has worried me to hell and i dont understant what to do?Please help doctor and advice..I will donate once again as promised but please please do save me and give your inputs..Do i need further testing?I am so obsessed taking these HIV tests..Please help

Regards, AK

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear Sir,

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
Testosterone for Women
Next
Robert J Frascino

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.