Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

immune boosting options
May 10, 2011

hello, thanks again for all of your answers and your great help. Can you summarize the state of current CD4 boosting therapies and when some of the things like IL7 that are in trials may be approved for widespread use? I'm in the cateogry of successful viral suppression but without getting much gain in CD4 count, sticking around 100. Any other suggestions?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Check out my recent three-part blog "The Search for a Cure Heats Up" on The Body's blog page. As for when certain immune-based therapies might be ready for primetime, no one can really hazard a guess yet. The research is still ongoing. If you're interested in these therapies, you could consider enrolling in a clinical trial. I've discussed the problem of inadequate CD4 response despite effective antiretroviral therapy previously in this forum. See link below for a sample of what can be found in the archives.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q208769.html

Previous
why my elisa is always positive???
Next
I need to know

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.