ABSENSE OF "MORNING WOOD"

Hello. Recently the topic of Morning wood came up in a conversation with a friend. I came to realize that I could not remember the last time I woke up with a tent in the sheets. It seemed to have gradually faded away so that I didn't notice. I have been Poz since 1995 and undetectable for much of that time. My t-cell count has never gotten much over 400. I've been on Atripla since the spring of 2009. I turned 50 Nine months ago. Each time I have blood work done My doctor (A certified HIV Specialist) tells me all my tests and numbers are good. I watch the diet, work out and I have no problem getting an erection with proper physical stimulation and keeping it going. Yet I can't help but wonder why the Morning wood went away. Is it just time, meds and such? Thank you William Seattle WA

Hi William,

Yes, most likely it is a combination of being 50+ and positively charged (and for some HIVers perhaps side effects of meds as well). If you have no difficulty getting and keeping a stiffy with stimulation, chances are your testosterone levels are OK. However, that's the one thing you might want to check, both your total and free testosterone levels. If low for age-matched controls, supplementation could result in a tent in the sheets with morning wood as stiff and tall as a giant redwood tree! Then again, testosterone levels may well be normal, in which case you might still just want to thank your lucky stars that considering age and medical status your home entertainment center is still functioning so well!

HIV -2 Question (ANOTHER INNAPPROPRIATE WESTERN BLOT TEST, 2011)
Please, please, please.. need your response.