Travel With Severe Anemia -

I have survived over 10 years with my HIV+ status. International travel is a part of my life. It is difficult, but I must pay for dialysis treatments up front and then the insurance company will reimburse 80% upon return.

But the big problem is the anemic medicine. My HGB drops sharply over a short period of time. Epogen shots run into the thousands of $$ almost every other day.

Is there a way to have Epogen prescribed before I leave and administered by the staff where I am visiting?

Thank you.

Yes, it's generally possible to arrange for a supply of Epogen before travel. This can either be self-administered or given by staff at the facility you are visiting. Talk to your HIV specialist. He should know how this all works and be able to facilitate the process for you. (I have done this on numerous occasions over the years.)

Good luck. Safe travels. Bon voyage!

drinking and atripla
Remering you my question