HIV Dementia?

I was diagnosed in October, 2010 and have been on a successful combination of antiretrovirals since that time. In the past few weeks, when CBCs have been run, my platelets have consistently fallen. My HIV doctor had me stop taking two antibiotics (prophylactics) which he felt might be the cause. I read on an internet site that falling platelets can be an indication of the beginnings of HIV dementia. In your opinion, is it more likely that this problem is being caused by medication or HIV? Why do many HIV+ people have low platelets?

Low platelets can be associated with an increased risk of HIV dementia, but it's probably not the cause. Platelets can decrease for a number of reasons in HIVers. Detailing these conditions would not be helpful here. Work closely with your HIV specialist physician or a hematologist to determine the cause of your specific problem.

so many changes
Genital Herpes (OZONE THERAPY, 2011)