Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fatigue and Foot pain
Apr 25, 2011

No matter how much sleep I get at night I seem to be very tired during the day. I can fall right to sleep when at my desk at work and some times have to shut my office door and take a power nap.......my last set of labs showed Hemoglobn at 15.8 which is in Range.....Two other readings were MCV at 101.1 and MCH which was 34.2 both of which are above the reference ranges noted....Finally C02 level was 20L just under the low of the reference range....My VL was 22 CD4 was 387...Experiencing minor joint pain in feet too...Any expert words for all of these numbers

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

There are many potential causes for HIV-associated fatigue. Review the chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to the causes of HIV-associated fatigue. Make a list of the common and not-so-common causes and then discuss these potential underlying causes for HIV-associated fatigue with your HIV physician. A thorough evaluation and some laboratory testing is often necessary to determine the cause(s) of HIV-associated fatigue. The archives also has a chapter on treatment of this condition. Check it out!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Servere joint ache?
Next
so many different results

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.