Everyday exhaustion

Hi there

I wonder if you maybe able to help me, i was diagnosed nearly 4 years ago and after being on meds (atripla) for the first year switched to Kivexa and Intelence, I am also on Crestor (statins) and use Testegel on my arms and shoulders on a morning. I also take 200mg of co-enzyme q10, 15 mg of zinc and copper, 300mg of cod liver oil and 500mg l-carnitene a day. My problem seems to be slowly getting worse but about a year ago i started waking up around 430am and once im awake I find it hard to get back to sleep, I've spoken to my HIB doctor about it and she suggested seeing my GP for valium!! I was going to try Nytol but have been told that I cant use those in conjunction with statins....my problem isnt falling asleep at night, its staying asleep for more than 5-6 hours a day which is what im struggling with.....do you have any suggestions Robert please? I'm slowly at my wits end

Early morning awakening with inability to get back to sleep is often associated with clinical depression. Lack of restful sleep will eventually impair daytime functioning. There are other causes for this type of insomnia, but clinical depression is the most common. I suggest you see your general medical doctor for an evaluation. I doubt Valium (anti-anxiety drug) is the answer. That would help more if you were having trouble falling asleep due to anxiety.

Just Read Your Latest Blog Entry
Help me