Ways to Safely Reduce Male Sex Drive?

Dr. Bob,

Hi there. I'm a thirty-six-year-old male with the sex drive and libido of a twenty-year-old. I've always had an incredibly high sex drive and libido: I matured sexually at a young age and have always had a rather dominant, carniverous "id" and weak "superego." As of right now (3/2011), I'm still HIV negative and STD-free but go through periods where I engage in risky, unprotected sex AS A TOP with negative and positive men -- but still, there is a definite risk because the sex is unprotected, I know that. Are there safe ways I can reduce my libido before I end up in REAL trouble (e.g., HIV+, syphilis+)? I've been reading about taking skullcap, valerian, and rehmannia to reduce male libido/sex drive. Do you know of any OTC or herbal/alternative meds/therapies that have proven effective in SAFELY lowering testosterone levels in males? I don't want to go on expensive antidepressants because I'm not depressed and have no health insurance right now because I'm a student (sigh). I'm sure a lot of guys are going to get more than a few chuckles out of this post, but it's a serious problem for me and I'm suffering because of it. I could fuck 5-6 times a day if I wanted to. I can't concentrate in school and I spend too much time cruising chat rooms. I don't think there's anything psychologically wrong with me per se, I think it's a biochemical SNAFU and I'd like to treat it before, well, things become disastrous and I end up chronically ill. It would be a blessing and relief for me to be able to go through life without being tense and horny all the time, damn, sometimes I feel like a dog wanting to hump every attractive male ass I see. THANK YOU!

Dear Sir,

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Second posting, please please do respond - undetectable VL, non-M subtype virus strain?
Just Read Your Latest Blog Entry