PEP and Anemia

Hi

I was attacked and raped by a stranger in 2003. I was given PEP, if remember correctly it was combivir and crixivan, took these for 28 days, cannot remeber if there was anything else.

I had a blood count done which revealed megaloblastic anemia and prescribed a lot of vitamine b injections.

A bit about me: I enjoy a glass of wine. I am now 31 years old. My hair is also showing signs of grey. I have been a vegetarian since I was 8 years old, sometimes going vegan as well.

My question is:

Is the anemia related to the AZT of the drug regime I was on? Could it be alcohol related? Genetically I cannot point to anyone in my family with anemia.

Thank you in advance for any advice. Kind regards

AZT is well known for causing megaloblastic anemia. Did the problem resolve when you discontinued the AZT? If so, that would lend additional credence to AZT being the culprit, which I feel is the most likely explanation.

Just read the Neuropathy question (3-28)
Atripla