Drug question about Atripla

Hello Dr. Bob. My question is that I found out that I'm going to take a hair drug test at work and I know that Atripla can cause a false positive for marijuana. I really don't want to tell my employer that I take atripla because i have HIV. I really don't want too. I don't smoke marijuana and dont use drug only atripla. I dont want to lose my job just because I just dont want to tell them. Ive been on atripla for 3 years. I was thinking of buy a drug detox shampoo for my hair maybe it will or wont work but i guess ill risk it. I know u cant give me that kind of advice but its my fault in the first place. Any comment would be appreciated thanks for everything you do for us.

I don't know exactly what type of hair analysis they are going to perform, but I tend to doubt your Atripla would cause a false reading. If it does, you should discuss the issue with your HIV specialist. He could write a letter to your employer advising you are on a prescription medication, without disclosing which one or what it's for, that caused the false-positive result. You could then have a more specific screening if needed (so Atripla couldn't interfere). At any rate, you should be able to take the test and not have to reveal any delicate medical information.

KS and HAART
Burkitt's and longevity