|ANEMIA CAUSE HIV TEST TO BE POSITIVE
Apr 3, 2011
A PERSON WHO IS ANEMIA CAN THEY BE TESTED HIV +?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You have actually asked two different questions, which have two different answers:
1. Can anemia cause a false-positive HIV-antibody test! No, absolutely not. Being anemic has nothing to do with HIV-antibody testing.
2. Can a person who is anemic test HIV positive? Yes. Certainly someone who is anemic could have unsafe sex or share intravenous drug paraphernalia with an HIV-infected person and contract the virus. Being anemic has no effect on whether a person contracts HIV after an exposure, just as it has no effect on the validity or accuracy of HIV-antibody testing.
Doctor can you please help
KS and HAART
- Frottage And HIV Transmission Risk
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Broken Condom?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Broke
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.