i am anemia positive but doc says am HIV neg

My fiancee is aneamic and we went to the doc for HIV test she came out positive and the doc says she might be negative, its just that when you are anemic you will always be positive because your t-cell count? was the doc bluffing, and how can we determine the HIV test and get the right results?

Something might have gotten lost in translation here, but if your doctor advised your fiancee that anemia causes false-positive HIV tests, he's either woefully misinformed, blatantly incompetent or suffering from craino-rectal-inversion (having his head up his butt!). Anemia does not affect HIV-antibody test results.

I would suggest you go elsewhere (clinic, another doctor, health department, etc.) to get a proper HIV-antibody test with confirmatory Western Blot test if the screening test is positive.

You can read much more about HIV-diagnostic tests on this site and in the archives of this forum. Have a look!

Good luck to both you and your fiancee.

Lactic acidosis
Risk from tonsil hockey - am I too worried? Ah!