Dr. Bob PLEASE! my anxiety is beating me!

Hello Dr Bob! tahnxs for all your help!... here is my story, I was assisting for a dentist with a High risk patient former drug user when he was young, he claims no inravenous drugs... had seen blood in his mouth, due to gum disease.. when I was cleaning off... a little bit of wax that was previously in the patients mouth jumped off and hit me near the eye area... I did not feel the discomfort of anything falling inside my eye... I went and checked in the mirror I had no signs of anything, no stinging, no redness inside the eye, I honestly felt it hit a bit above my eye lid.... When I asked the health manager of the office she said it was not an exposure. so I didnt need PEP... now I cant stop thinking about it, I am going to see my GF soon, which I havent seen in a while, and it is going to be 2 months after the incident. I am scared. I have had one day of diareah but thats it, and a little sore throat I had for a couple of days... I decided to test by ICMA at 4 weeks sharp, and it came back negative, I know its too short a period of time but I couldnt help it.. to top it off I developed a painful canker sore the day I got my results, which FREAKED ME OUT!!... I am really scared!.... If I tell the incident to my GF she will get upset, because in the pass I have been obsesive about some events similar to this! and I dont want to put her at any risk..... what do you think!... If you think im paranoid its alright, sometimes its good to hear an expert say that!

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Should I have gone on PEP?
Can i get Hiv through this encounter?