Anemia

Hi Rob, my husband had no anemia when he first got tested according to the results. We went for our second test after 4month now and his cd4 has gone up from 78 - 180 but now the results has marocytosis which i believe has something to do with anemia. Is it something possible when someone starts to take ARVs or its link with resistance to the drugs he is taking. I am a bit scare to loose him and may you please help me with ways this can be corrected. Many thanks

Macrocytosis means that the red blood cells are large. This is not worrisome in most cases and can be caused by certain antiretroviral drugs, such as AZT. Correcting macrocytosis is not necessary. What's important now is decreasing your husband's HIV viral load and increasing the CD4 count. I would suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in the archives, and on the related links. You should also discuss these and any other concerns you might have with your husband's HIV physician specialist at the time of his next visit.

Genital warts (HPV) and HIV
Another Lap Dance Question