The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

unprotected sex 7 years ago please help?????will donate
Feb 6, 2011

hi, i had unprotected sex 7 years ago and later found out the man had sex with a man before me, he did not cum inside me. i have had two children since then and more blood tests than you can imagine also a blood transfusion and two c sections.. would i know by now if i had hiv?? i have also had a smear test done about a year ago. My second child is only 12 weeks old so it wasn't that long ago i had all the routine blood tests taken during pregnancy so would anything of shown up on them if i contracted hiv 7 years ago? i really want to put my mind at rest, please can someone give me some peace of mind or do i have to get tested?? the only other person i have been with since then is my partner/childrens dad. (i only started to get really worried about this after i watched something on tele and now ive been searching the internet for hours!!) please help me? i will donate??

Response from Dr. Frascino


If you've had a negative HIV-antibody test three months or longer from the time of your potential exposure, you are HIV negative. (Certainly seven years and "more blood than you can imagine" qualifies, assuming at least one of those tests was an HIV-antibody test. HIV testing is now part of routine prenatal care.)

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Psoriasis and HIV
hey's Alabama Gal! (ALABAMA GAL, 2011)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint