HIV?

Hello Dr. Robert, i read your article of CD4, CD8 in regarding to HIV over the internet. and i think i can get help from you. i was suspected of exposing to HIV in Jan last year. i got almost all HIV related symptoms around 4 weeks later which including lipodystrophy that makes me suffering a lot even now. i did 2 HIV antibody tests 6 and 12 moths later respectively, the results were all negative. 1 PCR DNA test (6 months later) was also "undetectable". but i have since suffered extreme tiredness especially the symptoms of lipodystrophy with which whatever i do exercise my muscle and fat failed to coming back. on the contrary, my arms and legs become more skinny while the fat on my neck and belly continue to accumulating. i did CD4 count test a few days ago after i insisted to my doctor. the result is CD4: 24%, 350 cells/mm3. CD8 27%, 390 cells/mm3. CD4/CD8 ratio is 0.89. CD16/56 NK cells 30% 430 cells/mm3. so i want to know if i 'm a HIV+ now although my antibody test has been negative. 3 reasons i don't believe i'm a HIV- because 1. the symptoms of lipodysrophy is an indicator of HIV infection under my understanding. 2 some people in the world don't produce or produce very low amount of antibody so that their result is always negative. 3 my inverted CD4/CD8 ratio which is also the indicator of HIV infection. please help me and i look forward your reply! thanks very much! Richard

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Inject with HIV
24 years poz/no meds until now!!