Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

on giving oral sex -anal- to a negative person
Dec 18, 2010

Hello. I am a 49 year old gay man. A very good friend of mine who is 30 and I discovered we are attracted sexually and started having sex, and enjoying each other's company to the point that recently we started talking about having [safe] sex exclusively with each other, although I usually rimmed him heavily without protection in each ocassion. We both have partners, although both our relationships are platonic at this point. So, we went to get a routine blood test. We both had been negative up to six months ago. I tested positive, he tested negative. I am the top. Because of the sex circumstance with me, they put him in a PEP treatment just in case for a month. I am asimptomatic. We are still discussing being sexually exclusive, but now my positive status throws a different light in what our sexual behavior will be. I was in a state of shock, but I am quickly recovering and realizing I have options, and have an appointment already to evaluate my status, the need of meds, etc. I also am realizing that sex is an important part of my life, and contrary to my reaction of the first day, I will continue enjoying it, only precautions will rule. My friend and I REALLY enjoy each other sexually, we particularly like rimming each other. I know from here and on we should only do it with barrier protections, but I wanted to ask, how risky is it, say if I just give him a couple of... licks? Thanks!

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
Condoms are inadeguate (CONDOMS VERSUS PrEP FOR HIV PREVENTION, 2010)
Next
How many MRI's and CT scans before one develops cancer? Am freaking out! Have had one done almost every month for a year! Mommy of three.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.