Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sickeningly Sweet
Nov 27, 2010

I'm not sure if this is the right forum. If it's not, I apologise.

I have a bit of a question about my health (obviously). I've been having an issue with my urine, sweat, and breath. Quite the combo, eh? Here's my symptoms in a nutshell.

I've been extremely tired (I can sleep all day and night), and when I wake up in the morning my night sweat smells sickeningly sweet. When I urinate it smells like someone poured sugar/syrup directly into it. During the day my breath smells like I've been stuffed full of fruit. I'm constantly thirsty and drink 6+ litres of water a day, yet I have dry mouth all the time.

This morning I bought a bottle of dipsticks (10 Parameter Urinalysis Multisticks Urine Strip Test). The results were 100mg/dl glucose, specific gravity 1.025 - 1.030, pH 6.5, all other parameters 'normal.'

I know this is probably a stupid question, but can you help me figure out what these signs and symptoms mean? I'd really appreciate your advice. I live in the UK and don't want to use the GP unless I absolutely have to. The Tories (conservatives) are cutting costs everywhere and things are getting tight.

Thanks so much for your help. I love this site. You've all saved my life many times before.

Thanks Doc!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are extremely fatigued; your sweat smells sickeningly sweet; your urine smells like someone poured sugar or syrup into it; your breath smells like fruit; you are constantly thirsty, despite drinking 6+ liters of water per day. Your urinalysis reveals 100 mg/dl of glucose and a pH of 6.5. These symptoms and test results indicate you are spilling glucose into your urine and most likely have diabetes. You should be seen by a physician without delay.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is reinfection real?
Next
Viagara

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.