I would like to thank you in a special way

Dear Dr. Bob,

I havn't donated you in the past like i promised to. I regret this. Do you even know , how much relief and joy you bring to those people like me that are in constant fear??? We In Belgium are celebrating a feast of 'St. Maarten'. I know you're not christian (i think you're a boedist with you're karma endings, but anyway...) but this man, Sint Maarten, so this is writen in the bible, donated in very cold winters day his mantle to a pauper. Last time i told you about father Damian's work for the lepres... I want to thank you by heart for your answer and time you spent to help people, and managing you're own life (which i think when reading you're blog is very hard sometimes, but also enormously challenging. I think you're a really happy man and not many people can tell this i think... this time i donate for sure and wish you all the best.

A friend for life from Belgium! Koen

Hello Koen,

Don't worry about not following through on promised or pledged donations. The vast majority of posters who promise to donate to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation never do. But that's OK. My advice is free and available to one and all with absolutely no strings attached. Donations to my charity (or any charity) should be made only in the spirit of compassion and generosity and certainly not as a bribe to get a question answered.

I've been to Belgium a number of times and have celebrated the Feast of St. Maarten there. He sounds like a very generous man (saint). As for my religion, I was raised Catholic, but I disagree with their stand on condoms, homosexuality, protecting pedophile priests and many other issues. Consequently I now prefer to believe in a "higher power." The name Buddha, Jesus, Allah, etc. doesn't really matter. Living a good life does.

Be well Koen. Thanks for your kind words, friendship and support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). All are warmly appreciated.

WOO-HOOABLE or NOT--DESPITE SYMPTOMS/LABS
SCARED AND CONFUSED