Nov 14, 2010
is it possible to have a cd4 count done without even taking an hiv test ...my friend saw in her charts that she had a cd4 count of 150 ..does that mean she has hiv/aids..worried friend..
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, CD4 counts can be ordered independent of HIV tests or HIV status. However, what your friend actually saw in her chart may not have been a CD4 count and most likely is not HIV related. She should discuss her concerns with her doctor.
If someone who is HIV infected has a CD4 count of less than 200, she would qualify for an AIDS diagnosis.
broken skin (HUMAN BITE 2010)
AAA and other operations
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- What Causes Vaginal Dryness In Young Women?
- Burning Sensation In Toes And Palms
- Do Hospitals Check For HIV When Giving A Blood Transfusion?
- Dried Blood And Old Cuts Can I Still Get Hepatitis
- Drop Of Hiv Blood On Day Old Cut
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.