What is the lesser of two evils... take some meds if you run out until you get a new bottle or...

Hello My Big Brother!!!!! MUAH!!!!! This is Mommy of three. I hope you are doing wonderfully!!!!! I desperatly need your advice. I NEVER do this, but I guess there is always a first time. I took my two Kaletra pills and when I went to reach for my Isentress, there was NONE! :( I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!!!! As gross as it is, I just kept thinking RESISTANCE!!!!! so I threw up the Kaletra thinking that MAYBE it would be better not to have any meds in my stomach in order to avoid resistance by ONLY taking the Kaletra. My doses are Two Kaletra, One Isentress and One Viread in the AM, and in the PM, Two Kaletra and One Isentress. Did I do it better by vomiting it out or would no resistance occur otherwise? My viral load is undetectable and my T-Cell count is approximately 1700. I AM SO ANGRY AT MYSELF!!!!! I make sure your nephew who is positive has his, my husband his High Blood Pressure meds and Diabetes meds are also had, and I forgot my own!!!!!! I could cry... I anxiously await your reply and wish you a WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!! Love u!!!!!! Mommy of Three

Hello Mommy of Three,

Screwing up a single dose either by missing it completely or taking only part of your prescribed regimen would not lead to resistance. So neither evil is greater or lesser than the other. One way to prevent episodes like this is to get one of those nifty pill boxes that have compartments for morning and evening medications for a whole week. You can load it up a full week in advance. This will give you plenty of advance notice when your meds are running low. I use one of these devices and have found it quite helpful.

Be well.

confusion with western blot test
Follow-up question. re:PEP without HIV specialist; Please help!