Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bleeding Gums and Unprotected anal sex
Oct 30, 2010

Hi Dr Bob,

As the title suggests I do have couple of issues bothering me at the moment. I was in holiday in Ibiza September 2010. I am from Northern Ireland and had unprotected anal sex with a local spanish guy - basicially was one night stand and literally knew nothin about him - I was the bottom partner. Needless to say I had consumed a lot of alcohol. However when I was away and even now at the moment I have a problem with bleeding gums. I wouldnt say excessive but could start bleeding with the slightest touch (confined to a couple of areas). I dont recall tasting any blood when I was this guy or my gums bleeding. So have I substantially increased my risk of HIV transmission? I suppose deep down I know that I have. I do plan to visit the GUM Clinic in the next few weeks and have already visited the dentist who cleaned my teeth and said that my gums are fine and irriation shud settle. I have had unprotected anal sex 3 times in the past - unfortunatley all alcohol related although thankfully HIV tests were negative when I got tested. Fallen into the trap again. Thanks for your time

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
i havent taken my atripla in a week?
Next
Can you be HIV positive for 28 years with no symptoms?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.