Thank you Doctor (DOGS, HIV TRANSMISSION 2010)

Thank you for your answer on the situation with my son and our dog, I appreciate your answer and I am relieved that his STD/HIV risk is nonexistent, but I do have one question, My son did admit he has had his crotch licked by the dog several times through the months, Should I take him to a counselor to help him out? because I think that this has became a weird and bad habit for him.

I doubt counseling is needed. Kids experiment with all sorts of ways to stimulate their home entertainment centers, so to speak. I wouldn't make a big issue out of this. No harm was done, and stuff like this is way more common than most folks realize. (Check out the chapter on animal transmission in the archives!)You'll find a number of similar stories in the archives of this forum. Some horned-up guys (and gals) have encouraged their pets by applying peanut butter to various locations in their nether regions! Relax Mom, your son is fine. Just counsel your son such behavior is unacceptable. By the way, it's always possible mild-mannered Toto could get frightened and suddenly become Cujo! A nip, bite or scratch in that area could really hurt! OUCHAMAGOUCHA!

dog STDs? Oct 22, 2010

I caught my son 3 months ago in the bathroom getting his crotch licked by our pet dog, I have taken the dog to a family that will take better care of it because I can't trust my son anymore, I am afraid that my son will get sick though he's 15, and hasn't had sex other than getting his crotch licked by the dog, I am afraid he will get an STD or something from his actions, are there any diseases he could get from this?

WOWZA, I can't believe you gave Toto away just because your son taught him a neat party trick with a boner instead of a bone. Of course I suppose the other possibility is that you just happened to get a gay dog. Either way, your son't STD/HIV risk is nonexistent, and I'll bet there are a number of horned-up dudes reading this post who would like to dog sit for your talented canine.

Extreme fatigue and hiv progression.
Dealing with Treatment