Oct 25, 2010
hi does consumption of heavy amount of marijuana affect the result of a hiv test.and show a false negative..the test done was ELISA and it was conducted after 5 or 6 months of possible infection.the results were negative.could that be beacuse of the heavy consumtion of marijuana? thanks.
Response from Dr. Frascino
No. No matter how many doobies you spark before taking an HIV test, wacky weed does not affect the validity of HIV antibody test results.
Dr. Bob can you help me?
HIV & Bladder Cancer
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.