Advice for Magnetic Couples?

Dr. Frascino,

Thank you so much for this website and its forums, they have been invaluable to me during the last few months. Six months ago I met my current partner and we fell in love, we are still going strong. I am HIV- and my partner is virally enhanced (as you say) and I continually try to educate myself about issues facing magnetic couples. While I have appreciated the medical information and studies you have provided, I wonder if you could possibly highlight what some of the non-medical things magnetic couples should be aware of? Communication issues, fear of transmission, or other relationship dynamics specific to magnetic couples. Thanks again for your knowledge and openness!

Nikolaos

Hello Nikolaos,

A thorough discussion of this complex topic is beyond the scope of this forum. Consequently I'll just make a few brief comments:

1. Communication is key in any relationship and extremely important for magnetic couples.

2. "Fear of transmission" can be mitigated by keeping communication open, employing harm-reduction strategies, and making sure both partners take equal and shared responsibility to prevent viral transmission.

3. Read through the chapter in the archives of this forum dedicated to magnetic couples. There you will find a variety of topics related to both medical and non-medical aspects of magnetic coupling.

4. Realize Happily Ever After is indeed possible. I speak from personal experience as the positive component in a very successful 17-year (and counting) magnetic partnership with my spouse, Steve -- Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum.

Protected Oral Sex
Need a test?