Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advice for Magnetic Couples?
Oct 20, 2010

Dr. Frascino,

Thank you so much for this website and its forums, they have been invaluable to me during the last few months. Six months ago I met my current partner and we fell in love, we are still going strong. I am HIV- and my partner is virally enhanced (as you say) and I continually try to educate myself about issues facing magnetic couples. While I have appreciated the medical information and studies you have provided, I wonder if you could possibly highlight what some of the non-medical things magnetic couples should be aware of? Communication issues, fear of transmission, or other relationship dynamics specific to magnetic couples. Thanks again for your knowledge and openness!

Nikolaos

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Nikolaos,

A thorough discussion of this complex topic is beyond the scope of this forum. Consequently I'll just make a few brief comments:

1. Communication is key in any relationship and extremely important for magnetic couples.

2. "Fear of transmission" can be mitigated by keeping communication open, employing harm-reduction strategies, and making sure both partners take equal and shared responsibility to prevent viral transmission.

3. Read through the chapter in the archives of this forum dedicated to magnetic couples. There you will find a variety of topics related to both medical and non-medical aspects of magnetic coupling.

4. Realize Happily Ever After is indeed possible. I speak from personal experience as the positive component in a very successful 17-year (and counting) magnetic partnership with my spouse, Steve -- Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Protected Oral Sex
Next
Need a test?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.