Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I get tested again?
Oct 6, 2010

Hi,

First of all, thank you so much for the time and effort you put in to make this site the best HIV info site around.

I'm a 23 yr old male and I had sex with a man on July 9, 2010. I wore a condom, and to my knowledge it didn't break. About a couple of weeks later, I started getting a sore throat and dry mouth and sweating in my sleep. I have also been going to the doctor regularly since I have been experiencing a continuous issue of diarrhea for the last couple of months.

On October 3, 2010, which is exactly 12 weeks after my sexual encounter I went in to get a rapid HIV test and it was Negative. However, I still seem to have a very dry mouth and the diarrhea persists.

I have gone to see a few doctors and they have taken throat swabs and stool samples and found nothing in terms of bacterial parasites etc. I have also been tested for other STI's and seem to have nothing.

My question is: Do you think I should go back and get tested again? Perhaps at 14 weeks? that way it's from July 9 to October 12 for example, and the 3 months would have definitely lapsed.

Thanks again, looking forward to the response.

Steve

Response from Dr. Frascino

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

Previous
Cancer and HIV, 25 pounds lost - mostly muscle
Next
policy wiped doctors

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.