Adenomegaly

Hi Doctor Francino! I'm sorry to ask you in the incorrect forum, but, I didn't find any of the active related to my question.

I'm HIV+ for 1 year and a half. Since my infection, enlarged lymphonodes have appeared in my neck. They don't seem to be growing. Touching my neck, I can count 4 cervical, 2 menthonian and 1 occipital. The biggest have 1 cm in the largest diameter. My doctor is and Infectologist/Neurologist, and she says that they don't seem to need further investigation.

I know these aren't characteristics of neoplasic nodes. But, since I am also coinfected with EBV, shouldn't I be worrying about this? And, it is normal to be HIV infected and to have permanent enlarged Lymphnodes?

Thank you for your help Dr. Francino!

It's fairly common to see generalized non-painful lymphadenopathy (swollen glands) in HIVers. This is due to the increased concentration of virus and immune cells that are localized in the glands. The swelling often recedes considerably after the initiation of effective combination antiretroviral therapy; however, this can vary somewhat from person to person. I would agree no further evaluation or intervention is warranted at this time.

Hiv
Constant lethargy and fatigue after mid day