|Soon to be RN
Aug 8, 2010
hi Doc! I was recently dx wih HIV (few months). I'm in nursing school and will be graduating next may! I know about the precautions I will have to take when working in the hospital. I also know that most healthcare facilies do not allow HIV poz healthcare workers to practice in surgery. I just hope that being HIV poz will not have too many limitations on me being able to practice nursing...I love the field and want to get the most out if it!
Response from Dr. Frascino
There are many opportunities for a very fulfilling and professionally rewarding career in nursing despite being virally enhanced. RNs are also in great demand these days in both hospital and clinic settings as well as private outpatient offices. I'm confident you'll find a great position.
Chronic Fatigue Taking Over My Life
when we can expect first therupetic vaccine to come in market?
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can You Take Pap Smear Test If You Are Virgin?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.