WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF GETTING INFECTED THROUGH CONTACT WITH FECES?

HELLO DOC:

I RECENTLY PERFORMED PROTECTED ANAL SEX WITH A MAN. AFTER 2 MINUTES I REMOVED MY PENIS WITH CONDOM, TOUCHED IT AND REALIZED IT HAD FECES ALL OVER. I WASHED MY HANDS AND REMOVED THE CONDOM. AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS I REALIZED THAT I HAD SOME BROKEN SKIN ON MY FINGERS.

MY QUESTION IS: WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF GETTING INFECTED WITH HIV THROUGH THIS EXPOSURE??

BTW, AFTER 4 DAYS OF EXPOSURE I HAD SORE THROAT AND SYMPTOMS OF COLD WITH NO FEVER.

THANK YOU.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

swolling in legs from either truvada or kaletra
Concerned About HIV Exposure - Please Help!