Dental spittoon - risk of exposure

Dear Dr. Bob!

I am a dental nurse, on clinic last week I went to fill up the mouthrinse for the patient...however the pressure of the tap (clean drinking water) was on very high it hit the spittoon surface which had saliva and a small blood from the patient at very high speed and went straight into my eyes. I did not rinse my eyes afterward and was not wearing safety googles. What is the risk of catching Hepatitis/HIV this way? Is there a risk from diluted infected bodily fluids going into the eyes?

thank you so much for your time and help, I very much appreciate it.

This forum is dedicated to HIV-positive folks, particularly those who have concerns related to fatigue and/or anemia. Questions related to HIV transmission, prevention, safer sex, HIV testing and risk should be sent to Dr. Bob at his "Safe Sex and HIV Prevention" expert forum. Please resubmit your question there using the same title and add the phrase, "resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum." Thank you.

stripper slapped her body
Hello Bobert ;)